QBE® Privacy Policies and Practices
Privacy and how it affects you
Your personal privacy is important to us. This Notice tells you how we collect and use information about you. You may obtain a complete copy of our information practices free of charge. If you would like a copy, please write to us. Please include your policy number when you write to us.
Information we collect
At QBE, we collect, keep and use information about you to serve your insurance needs. QBE and its agents may collect the following information about you and members of your household:
- Information included on your applications or other forms. (For example, name, address, and Social Security number).
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliates. (For example, services purchased and payment history).
- Information from consumer reporting agencies and insurance-support organizations. (For example, credit relationships and history, motor vehicle reports and claims history).
- Information from other sources. (For example, medical information and demographic information).
- Information from visits to the QBE web site.
If we need to confirm or obtain additional information about you, we may contact outside sources. These sources may include agents, brokers, insurance support organizations, consumer reporting agencies, medical providers and government agencies. The information we collect from these outside sources may include your credit history, driving record, claims history, employment information and medical reports. Information obtained from outside sources may be kept by these outside sources and disclosed to other persons, as permitted by law.
QBE may disclose information about our current and former customers to other QBE companies so that they can provide certain account services, and for any other purposes permitted by law.
QBE employees may access customer information for business purposes only. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know such information so that they can provide services to you. Employees who have access to customer information are required to protect it and keep it confidential. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information.
With third parties
QBE carefully chooses service providers to help us provide quality insurance services to you. We are careful to protect your privacy when we share information with them. We may share your personal information with the types of third parties listed below.
- Financial service providers. (For example, insurance agents).
- Hospitals, medical clinics or physicians.
- Adjusters, appraisers, investigators and attorneys (To investigate or settle a claim involving you).
- Insurance-support organizations that help detect and prevent insurance crimes or fraudulent claims (such as the National Insurance Crime Bureau). Information collected by such organizations may be kept by them and later shared with others who use these reports.
- People that conduct actuarial or underwriting studies.
- Companies that perform services for us or on our behalf. (For example, vendors we hire to respond to customer requests or to maintain or develop software for us).
We require third parties to comply with strict standards regarding security and confidentiality of your information. They are not permitted to release your information or use it for their own purposes. Third parties are also not permitted to sell any customer information we share with them to any other party.
There may be times when QBE is required by law to disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties. For example, we may disclose information in response to a subpoena. We may share information to help detect or prevent fraud. We may have to give information to law enforcement or governmental agencies. We also may share information if you give us written permission first.
Under no circumstances do we sell or share your information to or with any party outside of QBE for purposes of independently selling their products or services to you.
QBE respects the privacy of its customers and is committed to protecting customer information on its Web sites with the same care employed for all QBE transactions.
Cookies cannot be used to capture e-mail addresses, obtain data from hard drives or gain confidential or sensitive information about site visitors. Additionally, cookies cannot be read by any Web site other than the one that set the cookie.
How you can review recorded information about you
You have the right to review recorded information about you in our files. Write us at the address shown on this Notice if you want to know what information we have on file. We will need your complete name, address, date of birth, and all your policy numbers. Tell us what information you would like to receive or view. We will act on your request within 30 days of receiving it. We will let you know the nature of the information about you in our files. We will tell you with whom we have shared this information in the past two years. We will also give you the name and address of any consumer reporting agency that prepared a report about you in our files. You can contact them to get a copy of that report.
If you would prefer to view and copy the information in your file in person, please indicate that in your request.
If you disagree with our records
Please let us know if you think any of our information is incorrect. Tell us what is wrong and why. You may ask us to correct, amend or delete it. Within 30 days of receiving your request, we will change your information in our files or inform you of our refusal to change such information.
If we make any changes to your information, we will notify you of those changes. We will also notify the parties listed below of those changes.
- Any party that may have, in the past 2 years, been given such information.
- Any insurance-support organization that we have given the information to within the past 7 years.
- Any insurance-support organization that gave us the information.
- Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs).
If we do not make changes, we will give you the reasons why and inform you of your right to file a statement. Your statement should tell us what you think is the correct information. You should also tell us why you disagree with our refusal. Your statements will be kept in your file and given to anyone that reviews the information. If we need to disclose the disputed information, we will mark the matter(s) in dispute and include your statement(s).
This notice is being provided on behalf of the following QBE affiliates:
|General Casualty Company of Wisconsin
General Casualty Insurance Company
Blue Ridge Indemnity Company
Regent Insurance Company
Hoosier Insurance Company
Southern Guaranty Insurance Company
Southern Fire & Casualty Company
Southern Pilot Insurance Company
Unigard Insurance Company
Unigard Indemnity Company
QBE Insurance Corporation
QBE Specialty Insurance Company
Praetorian Insurance Company
North Pointe Insurance Company
Stonington Insurance Company
QBE Americas, Inc.
QBE Financial Institution Risk Services, Inc.
Qbe FIRST Insurance Agency, Inc.
QBE FIRST Property Tax Solutions
QBE FIRST Enterprises
Westwood insurance Agency
Questions or Comments? Contact:
QBE North America
Attn: Privacy Official
Corporate Legal Department
One General Drive
Sun Prairie, WI 53596
QBE is a registered service mark of QBE Insurance Group Limited.