Report a claim
When you report a claim
- We'll assign a claims representative and a claim number to your case.
- Your claims representative will contact you for details of the claim and to explain your coverage.
- We'll ask you to provide a damage estimate or we'll assign an appraiser to inspect your vehicle.
- If your car is repairable, we'll send you a check for the repair amount minus your deductible.
- If the car is a total loss, we'll contact you to discuss its fair market value.
- If you are injured in the accident, your claims representative will explain all coverages that apply and work with you until the injury claim is concluded.
- Keep careful records of claim-related information, such as receipts, copies of bills, names and notes about conversations with involved parties (police officers, witnesses and owners of the vehicles or property involved).
- Work with your QBE claims representative to complete the investigation and damage evaluation so your claim can be resolved quickly.
- When you call about windshield chip repairs or glass replacement, have your policy available. We'll arrange to repair or replace the glass through our national vendor network of glass repair affiliates, subject to your policy coverage and deductible. If the damage is a repairable ding, chip or nick, we will waive the deductible.
Keep in mind that this is a general overview of the claims process. Each claim is unique and this may not be the process for your situation.