The most important point with lighting is to avoid a bright light behind you while seated. Light from this direction can cause glare on the monitor. Light coming into the office through windows is the most common cause of monitor glare.
- Keep the display at 90° to the windows.
- Use light diffusers.
- Cover windows with blinds or shades.
- Use an anti-glare screen on the monitor as needed.
- Adjust the monitor brightness and contrast.
- Keep the screen surface clean.
- Use the tilt and swivel adjustments of the monitor to prevent reflection.
- Use tasks lights to illuminate documents if needed.