Upper extremity, shoulder, hand and back discomfort can result from improper or prolonged use of the mouse.
- Keep the mouse close to the keyboard.
- Position the mouse at the same height as the keyboard.
- If a keyboard tray is used, put the mouse on the keyboard.
- Use a trackball or alternate style mouse to reduce hand and arm movement.
- Hold lightly and click without using force.
- Keep the mouse at the same height and distance as the keyboard.
- Try switching the mouse to the other hand.
- Keep the ball on the bottom of the mouse clean.
- Adjust the mouse speed settings as necessary.
- Use the mouse scroll wheel when moving through documents.